Saturday, September 8, 2012

life as a local...

how long does it take for me to live somewhere before I am a local? I should probably learn my own zip code first, right? I am only kidding.

So we hit up Food Truck Friday in Southend last night. Some of the local cuisine stock trucks, circle up, and feed the locals! People were out in lawn chairs and picnic tables...It may sound lame, but it was really neat. and it apparently happens every friday!



we were not intelligent enough to bring lawn chairs however, so we sat on this potted plant. First meal sitting on a plant...There is a first for everything, I reckon. 

it was not easy deciding on which one to eat from! if there is ONE word in the English language to describe me, I strongly believe many of my closest friends would choose: INDECISIVE. So trying to decide which food truck to eat from! yikes... I had bbq chicken tacos from Herban Legend. I did decide pretty quickly that we would round out dinner here:

yep. It happened. Whatever. 
Twas quite the grubfest. We then participated in an "art gallery crawl" where we ended up in various art galleries. One was in a dentist's office, no lie. 

In other news, I am cutting out meat for the rest of the month! Wish me luck. I am really into the green smoothies. I bought a single serve blender which brings my state-of-the-art drink makers to a grand total of THREE. First world, my friends. 

I finally broke down and WATCHED the Hunger Games, (I refused to read it for a long time because my super cool undergrad Yale professor discouraged us higher level English majors from reading out of the mainstream. Hipster probs) and it was fantastic. I hate to love it. 

Eat green things today.

Cari 

No comments:

Post a Comment